Twist Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[TUTORIAL]How to make wow server public with and without hamachi

4 posters

Go down

[TUTORIAL]How to make wow server public with and without  hamachi Empty [TUTORIAL]How to make wow server public with and without hamachi

Post  warcraft181 Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:09 am

I. CREATING A DYNAMIC DOMAIN NAME.
II. MANGOS PREPERATION.
III. ROUTER CONFIGURATIONS
IV. SETTING UP YOUR CLIENT TO CONNECT TO YOUR SERVER.
V.WITH HAMACHI

DLink Router users: I do not know how to configure your routers becuase they have too many conflicting port configuration applications on it.

If you have a Static IP from your ISP simply choose Static DNS instead and you do not need to download the updater. Then proceed with the rest of the guide.

I. Creating a Dynamic Domain Name:

1. Goto DynDNS.com and register an account.
2. Once your able to log in, go to the Tab 'Services' ontop.
3. A short way down the middle of the page you'll see Dynamic DNS, click that.
4. To your right you'll see 'Create Host', click that.
a. Host Name: Can be whatever you want
b. IP Address: Usually auto populated but if not, go to WhatisMyipaddress.com and copy that here.
c. Check enable wildcard.
d. Click on 'Add Host'

II. MANGOS Preperation:

1. Goto \system32\drivers\etc\ and open the file called 'host' with notepad. (replace with the location of your windows folder.. i.e. c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\)
a. At the end of the file (after all the text you see) insert this into it's own line:
127.0.0.1 (Not sure if this is necassary, but mines working )
example: 127.0.0.1 wowjunkies.servegame.org
b. Save and close
2. Download NaviCatlite from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] , install. Patch Click here for Navicat Patch Click here for Instructions on how to Patch Navicat, but use 2.2.12.
a. Click on Connection
- Connection Name: (Whatever you want)
- Host name/IP address: locahost (unless you have it hosted on a server elsewhere us it's address)
- Port: Leave it as is unless you know you need something different which i doubt.
- User name: User name of your Mysql mangos DB
- Password: Password of your Mysql mangos DB
- Test your connection, if it doesn't work your username and password are wrong or you don't have your mangos DB running.
b. Click OK and your done with setting up NaviCat!
3. In NaviCat look in the Connections window and click the name of the connectoin you just made so it expands.
a. Click on realmd
b. In the right window double click realmlist
c. Now change the field 'address' from 127.0.0.1 to
d. At the bottom of the window click on the check mark to save or hit enter.
e. Close that window and close NaviCat
This will also help solve Realm Looping if your having that, but realm looping is also caused by port forwarding if you don't know what your doing.

III. Router configurations;

If you have some generic router that for some reason only allows you to forward one port i can't help you. Throw it away and get a good router. And don't try to do this stuff wirelessly, because that's a whole nother set of issues and why you'd want to do that is beyond me.

1. Disable Port Trigerring if you have the option. If not, just don't use it becuase it's an advanced feature that you need to know what it's for in order for it to work properly. Not necessary for your wow server to go public without hamanchi.
2. The following ports need to be opened and pointing to your servers router assinged IP address.
- 3724 TCP (Enables you to connect to the Realmd DB) This port will give you the "Unable to connect" Message if not forwarded to your server.
- 8085 TCP (Enables you to connect to the WorldServer) This port is what causes realm looping if not pointing to your server IP and has the wrong protocol. Simply because you can't log into the mangos server so it kicks you back to the realmd server (realm list).
- 80 TCP (This is only needed if your hosting a website frontend on the same server)
- 3306 TCP (This allows connection to your DB in MySQL)
5. Make sure your servers router assigned IP address is the Default DMZ server.
(Only put your server in the DMZ zone if your still having issues, if you have correctly configured the ports as stated above you should be good to go without having to do this step.)

IV. Setting up your client to connect to your server:

1. Go into your WorldofWarcraft game directory. Example c:\WorldofWarcraft\
2. Open the file realmlist.wtf with notepad.
3. And put so it should look like this:
set realmlist wow.game-host.org (or course entering your own domain name there)
4. Save and close

V.HAMACHI
For this guide you need Hamachi and Navicat (or a other sql editor) Search it at google and download it!-

Start Hamachi and click on the Triangle to make a new network (name and pass are your choice).

Go to your repack folder and open realmd.conf with your editor and search for the ip 127.0.0.1 and change it to your hamachi ip (you can look up this ip when you open hamachi - the number on top) --- BUT don´t delete the port (x.x.x.x;3306).

Change the 3 ips in mangosd.conf like the in realmd.conf.

Now run mysql in your repack folder ( if it doesn´t work open taskmanager and close the mysql that runned before) and don´t close it until you have finished the next steps!

Now lunch Navicat or the sql editor of your choice and connect to localhost with name and pass : root .

Once you did that open your Database realmd in the sql editor and open the realmlist part ... again you´ll see your ip 127.0.0.1 just change it to your hamachi ip like before .

Don´t forget to change your realmlist to your hamachi ip!

Your server should now be public over Hamachi if you start the resarter! If you don´t know how to let friends connect read the following step:

Your friends have to download hamachi and join your network and then change their realmlist.wtf (in your WoW folder) to your hamachi ip (set realmlist x.x.x.x)... now you can play together

warcraft181
warcraft181

Posts Posts : 10
Location Location : Romania
Reputation Reputation : 5

Back to top Go down

[TUTORIAL]How to make wow server public with and without  hamachi Empty Re: [TUTORIAL]How to make wow server public with and without hamachi

Post  Blachex Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:54 am

Oh , Yea we really needed a Mangos tutorial Smile
Blachex
Blachex
TwistGaming Admin
TwistGaming Admin

Posts Posts : 375
Reputation Reputation : 38
Warning : [TUTORIAL]How to make wow server public with and without  hamachi Warnba10

http://www.twistgaming.com

Back to top Go down

[TUTORIAL]How to make wow server public with and without  hamachi Empty Re: [TUTORIAL]How to make wow server public with and without hamachi

Post  deathtemple5 Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:20 am

Is there anyway to host my private server, as well as keep my existing servers
deathtemple5

Posts Posts : 1
Reputation Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Post  Moggie Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:24 am

deathtemple5 wrote:Is there anyway to host my private server, as well as keep my existing servers
Didn't really understand the question..
Moggie
Moggie
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Posts Posts : 125
Location Location : Sweden
Reputation Reputation : 13
Warning : [TUTORIAL]How to make wow server public with and without  hamachi Warnba10

Back to top Go down

Post  Blachex Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:32 pm

I think he want to keep 2 servers running same time

Answer : I don't think you can but, you can make 2 or more realms for this (Using one logon database and running on the same Mysql).
Blachex
Blachex
TwistGaming Admin
TwistGaming Admin

Posts Posts : 375
Reputation Reputation : 38

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down