Twist Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can you make a private server that runs only on home network?

4 posters

Go down

Can you make a private server that runs only on home network? Empty Can you make a private server that runs only on home network?

Post  haggardranger Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:48 am

Basically thats all i want to know. I just want to be able to play with my girlfriend on the home network. Anyone know if its possible without the net?

haggardranger
haggardranger

Posts Posts : 5
Reputation Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

Can you make a private server that runs only on home network? Empty Re: Can you make a private server that runs only on home network?

Post  Lewis Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:00 am

Yeh it is possible, does she live with you in your house? - If she does or is on the same network, she should be able to connect.
Lewis
Lewis
TwistGaming Admin
TwistGaming Admin

Posts Posts : 198
Location Location : United Kingdom
Reputation Reputation : 26
Warning : Can you make a private server that runs only on home network? Warnba10

http://www.TwistGaming.com

Back to top Go down

Can you make a private server that runs only on home network? Empty Re: Can you make a private server that runs only on home network?

Post  bajas2 Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:40 am

Just simply install the repack, run it and set realmlist to 127.0.0.1 and you are both good to go : )
bajas2
bajas2
Power User (Special)
Power User (Special)

Posts Posts : 184
Location Location : Norway
Reputation Reputation : 29
Warning : Can you make a private server that runs only on home network? Warnba10

Back to top Go down

Post  haggardranger Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:47 am

Yeah she lives with me. Do i have to run the repack on her PC as well? or do i just change her realmlist?

I tried to change the realmist and it just wouldnt connect. Im running the LBniese repack or whatever it is.

Also, when i do try to run the repack on her pc when i try to start the logon server, it wont stay up. it immediatly crashes..
haggardranger
haggardranger

Back to top Go down

Post  bajas2 Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:55 am

The repack only needs to run on one computer.
If her PC is running on vista or W7 you have to run the logon as administrator.

when you run it on your computer she should not have any problems with connecting, just make sure both of you have realmlist as "set realmlist 127.0.0.1"
Also you culd check your .conf files to make sure they dont have been edited public
bajas2
bajas2
Power User (Special)
Power User (Special)

Back to top Go down

Post  haggardranger Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:07 am

Awesome thanks. ill try those tonight when i get home. I can run just fine on my laptop which at the moment is what im running it on.

I tried to run her logon server as administrator. and even tried to change the compatibility to vist and even XP and nothing worked.

We both have Windows 7 x64bit systems.
haggardranger
haggardranger

Back to top Go down

Post  bajas2 Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:22 am

First of all
#MOVED to the right section

second of all
#DELETED double post

third of all
update us : )
bajas2
bajas2
Power User (Special)
Power User (Special)

Back to top Go down

Post  haggardranger Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:26 am

Sorry about that. im on a horrible slow connection at work. Thanks for the help.

And any idea about what makes the logonserver crash so quick? besides trying to run it as admin? and changing the compatibility mode?
haggardranger
haggardranger

Back to top Go down

Post  bajas2 Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:10 am

Well, a long time since i was actually doing stuff with the logon and world, but the most common mistakes are:
config errors / wrong configurating
or
the repack does not support your computer (since you have a W7 64bit i think that is the problem)
I'm having W7 32 bit and cant host, just because it is running W7.

I would reccomend you to check the emulator's homepage to see if it supports your operating system.

Your problem is exactly as mine was some months ago, I had done everything after the book but the server just wouldn't run. I tried it on a computer running windows XP and it worked at once.
bajas2
bajas2
Power User (Special)
Power User (Special)

Back to top Go down

Post  Lewis Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:33 pm

You need to run MYSQL, then logon server then world.
Lewis
Lewis
TwistGaming Admin
TwistGaming Admin

Posts Posts : 198
Location Location : United Kingdom
Reputation Reputation : 26

http://www.TwistGaming.com

Back to top Go down

Post  haggardranger Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:24 am

I do that in the right order. but the logon server doesnt stay up. it just immediatly crashes. And i tried just running it on my pc, then try to have her logon with her realmlist changed to 127.0.0.1 and it says log in server down. and its actually up.

Any answers?
haggardranger
haggardranger

Back to top Go down

Post  tydygunn Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:11 am

I'd really appreciate this to be elaborated on a bit more. I want to play WoW with the server I have set up on my compuer. My brother's connected to the same homegroup and I know I log in with admin/admin, but what does he log in with? Do I need to go thru the hassle of getting a server and such when it's on the homegroup?
tydygunn
tydygunn

Posts Posts : 27
Location Location : Arizona

Back to top Go down

Post  tydygunn Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:44 am

Alright, Lewis talked me thru this, it really helped. Here's the PM:

"[...]

Firstly. 127.0.0.1 - Is your computer local. Nobody else can conect to it since it's the computer's, everyone's computer has 127.0.0.1/localhost. Which is why they can't connect.

Now, there's two way's of doing this.

1. Going to start > Run (To see the black command line box) or where ever it's located. > If it comes up with about what do you want to run, type 'cmd' in the black box, type 'ipconfig' - This will show you the ip'addresses. You have an Ip Address, Default Gateway and another IP address. - You want the first IP address which normall starts with 192.168.10.X - Then, you set the realmlist to 192.168.10.x to what ever it is on the computer that it is being hosted from.

2. Downloading a thing called Hamachi - This allows any of your friends/mates to connect with an IP address and it's basic. You can set up a small network that has a username and password - This way, anyone that wants to connect to your server, must know the username and password + must be connected to hamachi to join. - Lazy way of portforwarding if you want to go public bascially, as it also comes with a IP address for you to use. You will need to set this up in the configs.

I hope this helped.

Lewis"

So basically what I did was look up my ip via ipconfig as he said, I used the "IPv4" address and went into my Logon.config, Realm.config, and world.config and replaced specific IPs as follows:
tydygunn
tydygunn

Back to top Go down

Post  tydygunn Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:13 am

(Cont.) These files can be found in [Repack]/ArcEMU/config

<>

Anywhere you see "X.X.X.X" is where you input your IPv4 from earlier. Anywhere you see "0.0.0.0" change whatever you have to "0.0.0.0". From what I understand its the equivilent of 127.0.0.1, as well as any other channels.

**Use Notepad to open these**

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Firstly, go change your realm setlist:

BACK UP THIS FILE. I've not yet gone back to retail wow, but I imagine this is the holy grail for switching between retail and private. I think all you have to do to go back to retail is change this file back to what it was.

WinXP: C/Program Files/WorldofWarcraft/data/enUS/realmlist.wtf

Change it to:

set realmlist X.X.X.X

**NOTE**
This is the only file you need to change on the other computers in the house. In fact, the other computers dont even need the repack on them to work!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I went into logon.config and changed:

* * ISHost = "0.0.0.0"
* RealmListPort = "3724"
* ServerPort = "8093">

* * AllowedIPs = "X.X.X.X/24"
* AllowedModIPs = "X.X.X.X/24">

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next is realms.config:

* * Port = "8093"
* Name = "Default Logon"
* RealmCount = "1">

* * Address = "X.X.X.X:8129"
* Icon = "PVP"
* Population = "1.0"
* TimeZone = "8">

((You might also have a "Realm 2" I'm not sure what significance it holds but I changed the values on that as well))

* * Address = "X.X.X.X:8129"
* Icon = "Normal"
* Population = "1.0"
* TimeZone = "26">

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lastly is world.config:

* * WorldServerPort = "8129">

* * RemotePassword = "ascent">

* * Host="0.0.0.0"
* Port="8092">

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
**Tips!**
These are some things I'd wished I'd known when messing with this stuff, so I'm passing it along.

1. Load up MySQL before Heidi SQL!
2. Dear Lord I spent hours trying to find this: HEIDISQL PASSWORD = ascent
3. If you're getting a connection error (i.e. the "will try again in 10 seconds" error, then you have the ip values wrong.
4. If you have the Authentication Timed Out error, then not all of the passwords in the config files were changed to "ascent"
5. Use the Ctrl+F command to find the stuff in these docs. It's easy to miss a couple of em.
6. YES, those annoying black boxes do in fact have to run whenever you want your server to be up.

**Keep in mind, the above info is from my experiences over the last two days, I'm by no means an expert.**

Last edited by tydygunn on Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Stuff with <Infrontofit wasn't showing up, added *'s to counter this)
tydygunn
tydygunn

Back to top Go down

Post  tydygunn Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:21 am

Okay I don't know what's goin on with my post. It's not letting certain things with a "<" symbol show up.
tydygunn
tydygunn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down