Twist Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[question] How do you make an additional realm?

4 posters

Go down

[question] How do you make an additional realm? Empty [question] How do you make an additional realm?

Post  cobinater2 Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:32 am

I was wondering how I can make an additional realm to my server. Sorry if there is a guide, I searched and couldn't find one. Anyways, I'd like to make 2 realms, I have an instant 80 fun server already, but I wanted to make a mid-rate server too, starting at level 1. Could someone walk me through this or direct me to a tutorial?
cobinater2
cobinater2

Posts Posts : 12
Location Location : U.S.A FTW!!!
Reputation Reputation : 0

Back to top Go down

[question] How do you make an additional realm? Empty Re: [question] How do you make an additional realm?

Post  giorgos Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:31 pm

List of things you will need:
1. MySql Database
2. PHPMyAdmin (This is what I will be using).
3. Arcemu Server (or Ones like it).
4. At Little PHP Knowledge.
5. At least 5 Minutes of time.

Database Part:
First open your database by using PHPMyAdmin. Then at the top Click Databases.
Find and click on Logon (Or character).
Now at the top click on Export. Then my the Save as box be checked.
Now click on the go button and save the file on your desktop. This should not take that long.

Now at the top of the PHPMyAdmin page click on Server:******** and create a new table called logon2 (or character2).

At the top of the screen click import, then Click browse and find the file you saved then click open, then click Go.

Server Part:
Start by opening up your Arcemu Server folder. Then copy all the files in it (Except the Maps Folder as this is not needed).
Then create a new folder in a new location and past all of the things you copied (except the Maps Folder).
Now in the new folder delete arcemu-logonserver.exe, and in the configs folder delete the arcemu-logonserver.conf file (these names my be different).
now in the Configs folder open up the World, and realms.conf files. in them find the port 8129
Change the last 2 numbers 2 8130 in both files and save both files.
now in the worlds.conf file find this:
Code:
<WorldDatabase Hostname = "localhost" Username = "root" Password = "" Name = "arcemu" Port = "3306" Type = "1">
<CharacterDatabase Hostname = "localhost" Username = "root" Password = "" Name = "logon" Port = "3306" Type = "1">
and change it to this:
Code:
<WorldDatabase Hostname = "localhost" Username = "root" Password = "" Name = "arcemu" Port = "3306" Type = "1">
<CharacterDatabase Hostname = "localhost" Username = "root" Password = "" Name = "[COLOR="red"]logon2[/COLOR]" Port = "3306" Type = "1">

So in the end your arcemu-worlds.conf will have this:

logon2" Port = "3306" Type = "1">

WorldServerPort = "8130">
and your realms file will have this:
Address = "127.0.0.1:8130"
Icon = "NORMAL"
Population = "3"
TimeZone = "1">
Or something Similar to these.

Now to get both realms running, first run the First realms logon server and worlds server. (The arcemu-logonserver.exe, and arcemu-worlds.exe we copied earlier).

after the first arcemu-worlds.exe file have finished loading open the second server you created and run the arcemu-worlds.exe file.
after they both have loaded completely you now have 2 realms (Both using there own character files).

giorgos
giorgos
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Posts Posts : 330
Location Location : Greece.
Reputation Reputation : 13
Warning : [question] How do you make an additional realm? Warnba10

http://www.twistgaming.com

Back to top Go down

[question] How do you make an additional realm? Empty Re: [question] How do you make an additional realm?

Post  cobinater2 Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:38 pm

I googled how to install phpmyadmin, but it said I needed to have an apache2/htcdocs folder.... My repack doesn't have those folders...
cobinater2
cobinater2

Back to top Go down

Post  Lewis Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:59 pm

It should be in the folder 'apache'? - or under 'server'?
Lewis
Lewis
TwistGaming Admin
TwistGaming Admin

Posts Posts : 198
Location Location : United Kingdom
Reputation Reputation : 26

http://www.TwistGaming.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cobinater2 Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:51 pm

no i mean, there really is absolutely no apache folder whatsoever.
i'm using Lbniese-Repack 2.9 and inside there is the following:

ArcEmu: Configs, dbs, all that crap.
Server: MySQL folder, MySQL.bat (startup) and MySQL_Stop.bat (Shutdown)
Tools: DB Extractor, Map Extractor, Restarter.exe, mpqe_cpp(Zipped)

That is all that is in my server folder.
cobinater2
cobinater2

Back to top Go down

Post  Lewis Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:00 pm

Oh right. Well, that case, you may have to manually install the Apache server - Which currently. I don't have an experience with. The owner of the repack probs did not provide an Apache server installation.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I hope that link helps you.
Lewis
Lewis
TwistGaming Admin
TwistGaming Admin

Posts Posts : 198
Location Location : United Kingdom
Reputation Reputation : 26

http://www.TwistGaming.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cobinater2 Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:38 pm

well, i got myphpadmin and apache installed, however, when i go to login to phpmyadmin i get this.
Code:

http://i30.servimg.com/u/f30/15/50/11/28/error_11.jpg
cobinater2
cobinater2

Back to top Go down

Post  roketman3026 Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:07 pm

hmmm i havent tried making another realm yet but the repack failzord has doesnt have apache in it thats y i havent tried but the error...ur getting ive never had b4 umm ..but there are supposed to be simpler ways to add realms...i found one but i havent finished it yet Razz sorry if i couldnt help but i dont know why ur getting that error
roketman3026
roketman3026
Veteran
Veteran

Posts Posts : 70
Location Location : waseca,Minnesota USA
Reputation Reputation : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  roketman3026 Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:23 am

ok i kinda wanna resay wut i said.... Ive made 5 additional realms....they all work..u need to port forward the additonal realms...hmmm hard to explain i wish i could make a video but i dont exactly have the stuff to do it Sad
roketman3026
roketman3026
Veteran
Veteran

Posts Posts : 70
Location Location : waseca,Minnesota USA
Reputation Reputation : 1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down